tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 11 11:11:45 2003

Re: yu' jIghaj...

Voragh:

>If you want to use law'/puS, off the top of my head I can think of:
>
>1. *Germany* HolwIj QaQ law' *England* HolwIj QaQ puS.
>    My German is better than my English.

Grammatically correct, but I don't like the possessive suffix. What is "my german"? What's "your english"? It is "your capability of
communicating using the english language"

Briefly, exactly what youf following suggesstion was:

>2. *Germany* Hol SovwIj QaQ law' *England* Hol SovwIj QaQ puS.
>    My knowledge of German is better than my (knowledge of) English.

qaqmo' vImaS.

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian
  ghojwI'pu'wI' vISaH.