tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 06 20:22:04 2003

RE: "How is your food?" "What book?"

> > and for "How's the food?" What about /Soj QaQ qar'a'?/ I think this is
> > literally, "The food is good isn't that so?"
>
> When referring to food, it's not just "good" or "bad."  ...
> There's a whole section of KLINGON FOR THE GALACTIC TRAVELER on food.

That, plus... /Soj QaQ/ is the phrase "good food", while /QaQ Soj/ is the
sentence "The food is good."

/'ey Soj qar'a'?/  "The food is good, right?"  This sounds like perhaps the
speaker already thinks the food is delicious and is asking if the other
agrees.

/'ey'a' Soj?/  "Is the food good?"  This sounds like the speaker hasn't
tasted the food yet and is asking the other for his opinion before
attempting it himself.

DloraH

Back to archive top level