tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 04 23:51:47 2003

Re: Sun?

this may sound stupid, but what about Hov'a' (that is, if the
augmentative can be used according to importance and not just size),
since it would be the biggest, brightest one visible..?

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 00:39:50 -0400 "David Trimboli" <[email protected]>
writes:
> From: "Scott Willis" <[email protected]>
>
> > SuStel nailed it, I was going to suggest {pemHov}.
> > But with confidence, as members of the Institute have used this
> word to
> > describe the sun on at least one occasion in {Hamlet}. (I realize
> this
> does
> > not canon make, but it at least gives a precedence.)
>
> That's precisely why I isolated it from the start.  Quite simply,
> just
> because members of the KLI happen to come up with some recognized
> constructions of their own is absolutely no reason to think it's
> "correct."
> It's a wink-wink-nudge-nudge sort of thing at best.  It may make
> sense, but
> it's not clear that it's *right*.  Just because someone at the KLI
> said it
> one way doesn't necessarily mean that he or she is right about it.
> Everybody has his own interpretations.
>
> SuStel
> Stardate 3507.7

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!