tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 04 08:46:39 2003

Re: {ghang} (was Nonnes qui reposez)

You said MO knows Judaism...by that you mean Hebrew, qar'a'?  Very cool!

Personal Note (Hey, peHruS, are you still doing qepHommey every Saturday?  If so, please email me...I sent you an email awhile back...Thanks!)

[email protected] wrote:
In a message dated 7/4/2003 12:27:34 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> The verb {ghang} may or may not be related to the word for horizon. It
> would be interesting if Klingons thought of the horizon as the place where
> the sky/ground was stopped (being created) prematurely.

I agree that it would be interesting. I have no proof or further evidence
that {ghang} and {ghangwI'} are related. While they may have no relationship
whatsoever, I was fascinated by the verb {ghang} so much that my mind jumped at
the possibility.

Here I await whatever MO tells us.

As an outside-the-box comment: MO knows Chinese. He also knows Judaism.
The Jewish concept of creation is that the Creator spoke (davar) and created but
left "things" (devarim) incomplete so humans would have to bring the universe
('olam [note: ne'olam means "hidden" or "partially hidden"]) to its intended
perfection. Thus, the Creator has allowed us a purpose by prematurely (at
least, humans tend to think so) leaving off from creation.

Any comments re: Robert le Diable, i.e. Nonnes qui reposez?

peHruS

Klingon Warrior
taHjaj wo'!