tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 15 11:30:24 2003

Re: Klingon WOTD: vu'wI' (n)

Tyler wrote:
>As used in canon:
>
>   {Qu' vu'wI' yaH}
>   Mission Ops (Star Trek Communicator)

I've nothing to add, except that I've always translated {Qu' vu'wI'} -
literally "mission manager" - as "operations officer".  Not exactly sure
what a {Qu' vu'wI'} does in Trek:  perhaps monitor boarding parties
{tIjwI'ghom}, landing parties {Saqghom }, and shuttle craft {lupDujHom}
missions (in case they need assistance at a moment's notice)?

N.B. This isn't the same as a {ya} "tactical officer" who seems to
coordinate weapons and battle tactics.  IIRC, Worf was the Enterprise-D's
{ya}, replacing Tasha Yar.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons