tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 10 12:04:52 2003

Re: Beginner's Grammarian

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "d'Armond Speers, Ph.D." <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 12:03 PM
Subject: Beginner's Grammarian

Dear list members,

For the past year, Quvar has provided exemplary service to the KLI and the
community of Klingon speakers, in carrying out his duties as the Beginner's
Grammarian for the {tlhIngan Hol} e-mail discussion group.  He has been
professional, courteous, and has helped to inspire and encourage new Klingon
speakers in our little community.  We offer him praise, gratitude, and a
much deserved rest.

As one term ends, so another term begins.  I'd like to welcome our newest
Beginner's Grammarian to the post, ngabwI'.  ngabwI' has, through his
regular, thoughtful and skilled participation on the mailing list become a
fixture in the community.  I have no doubt that ngabwI' will apply himself
with honor to the task.

Please join me in raising our painsticks to honor Quvar 'utlh, and to
congratulate ngabwI' on his new responsibility.

{tuquvqu'moHneS. tlhIngan Hol yejHaD vItoy'meH 'ebvammo', jIbelqu', 'ej
jISeyqu'.}
Thank you all. I am very pleased and excited for this opportunity to serve
the Institute.

{*Grammarian*pu' Hoch vItlho'nISba'.
DloraH, SuStel je vItlho'nISbej, mulughmoHmo', jItaghtaHvIS.
ngaqDajmo', 'ej muyoHmoHmo', Voragh vItlho'nISbej je.
'ej tagha', Quvar vItlho'nISbejqu', muwIvmo'}
I would like to thank all of the Grammarians, especially DloraH and SuStel,
for corrections when I was starting out, Voragh, for support and
encouragement, and finally, Quvar, for choosing me.

{peyu'! jIjangrupbej!}
Fire away! I'm listening!

--ngabwI'
Beginner's Grammarian,