tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 24 22:04:03 2003

Fear me!

Summer Medel ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

ghemlIy jIH.
SuvwI' yoH jIH.
muqaDvIp Hoch.
tlhIngan Hol vIghoj 'e' vInIDtaH.  HIQaH.

In today's Foxtrot, Jason hacked into CNN's teleprompter and had Wolf
Blitzer say "Fear me!" in Klingon.  I tried to come up with a quick
translation for the phrase, but after much head-scratching, I could only put
together something like:

HIleghvIp
Fear to look upon me!

and some far-fetched options like
jIHmo' peghIjeghmoH
Make yourself scared on my account!

Or how about constructing something with a negative of /yoH/?

Suggestions appreciated.  Surely Klingons say "Fear me/us!" all the time --
unless, of course, their reputation makes it unnecessary.

pItlh

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

Back to archive top level