tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 16 14:01:57 2003

KLBC: vItagh

Spencer Daniel ([email protected])

tlhIngan Hol pong vIghajbe'lI' 'ach "John" mupong tera'nganpu'.  "beloved of
God" Hech tera'ngan Hol pongwIj (well, so says one of those stupid little
certificates you get at malls).  chaq ta'bang mpong tlhInganpu'.  "God/Lord"
lujatlh tlhIngan Hol "Bible" jInmol ghotpu' nuq?

How do you connect two sentences in such a way that one is the cause of the
other, i.e. how do you say/use something like "therefore"?

Anyways, I was inspired by the Klingon Hamlet to try to translate "Hey Jude"
(it's not quite the Iliad) and learn to play it for a neat party trick.  I
busted open my KD and this is what I got for the first stanza:

'Ij Jude.  qab 'e' chaw'Qo'.
chuS'IQ mojnISchoH chuSlI''IQ
be' QumeghtaH qawbejchugh
Suchep 'ej batlh Sunobchuq

It gets pretty loose at the end.  So is that complete jibberish or what?