tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 08 15:35:58 2003

RE: pIqaD..

Your Name ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

There is a feature in pojwI' for quickly and easily converting to
pIqaD.  This is a great way to get practice reading the script.  You
must have the KLI font, but once you have it this works nicely.  (The
spell-checker even works with pIqaD text.)

--Holtej

> >ja' Kash:
> >Anyhow, bottom line: what's the easiest, quickest, or most thorough
way
> >to learn pIqaD?
> >--Kash
>
> I learned a little pIqaD over the years just by using it in signs I
put
> on stuff around my house, including a nice "No Smoking" sign I bought
at
> qep'a' cha'DIch.  But most of what I learned came when I learned to
> write pIqaD (as opposed to using the font on the computer to do it) by
> writing out part of the text of ghIlghameS in pIqaD.  (One of my
planned
> projects is to write this up in a nice blank book I've purchased for
> this purpose.)  The writing system I use can be found on the
Klingonska
(http://www.klingonska.org/piqadpic.html).
> The image of the passage from ghIlghameS is about halfway down the
page,
> done by the translator of the work, Roger Cheesboro (DloraH).  It took
> me about twenty minutes to read this passage the first time, by
looking
> at the chart which is above it, but when I had finished I thought to
> myself, "This is Really Freakin' Cool.  I wish there were a pIqaD
> version of ghIlghameS so I could read the whole thing in pIqaD!"
Well,

--
d'Armond Speers, Ph.D.
President, Taxonomy Inc.