tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 06 01:25:01 2003

Re: grief and scorn

jatlh Andrew Strader:

>As you know, a literal translation is not warranted because we don't
know
>if the metaphor of weight is interpreted the same way by Klingons. So,
try
>for a metaphor that is either Klingonesque or more universal. In this
case I
>suggest the latter, since we have little knowledge of the Klingon
>subconscious equivalent for "weight".

Yes, as I know

>That said, there are a lot of words that you should become aware of:

>Grief: 'It, Sot, 'oy'
>Scorn: pum, pIch, qun

Thank you; I'll look over those

>Then you would try to capture the essence of the idea in a way made
succinct
>by Klingon grammar:

>'oy' 'ugh, pIch je qengnIS

>Or something like that. (This has the same number of syllables at
least.)
>Just some suggestions. Have fun

Alright; I'll shift through all of this, and my notes
and post my finished version when I'm done.
Shouldn't take me much longer

~naHQun

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!