tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 20 16:02:56 2002

Re: KLBC: Complex Sentences

ghItlh maQ:

>>That's nice.
>
>Is this an ironical statement?
No, not at all.
I meant to say "That's a nice use of two homophoneous words, that's a nice word play"
briefly: maj!

>Any of these would have worked better, and I never even thought about it,
>because I was looking solely for a reason to use 'e'.  I'll try to think
>smarter next time.
qay'be'.

>I've seen this several times and I'm becoming somewhat puzzled.  Is *Qa'* an
>element I don't have in TKD?  I think what you're saying is "very good",
You think correctly!
it's in TKD 5.5 Exclamations, right after {maj}.

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian
  ghojwI'pu'wI' vISaH

Back to archive top level