tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 14 13:43:25 2002

Re: Comp Sci Theory in Klingon...

From: "...Paul" <[email protected]>
> Good point, although that's exactly why I was looking for a good way to
> describe it without jargon.  I think something such as { wa'DIch 'oHmeH
> DalannIS } is just as good (if that's legal ;), if not as succinct, but
> avoids the whole jargon concept.

No, it's not legal.  Ordinals must come after a noun.

Doch wa'DIch 'oHmeH Doch yIlan
Place the thing so it's first.

> Hmm...  I'm kinda surprised I can't seem to find anything for the verb
> "stack" or the noun (adjective?) "pile".  I would've thought Klingons
> would have a simple way of saying "Pile the bodies over there."  :)
> How would you describe a "pile of bodies" or a "stack of plates"?

The type of grouping the bodies or plates are in isn't usually important.
Most of the time, /ngop/ will do nicely in place of "stack of plates," for
instance.

You might say /lom ghom/ "group of bodies" for a nice rhyme.  Likewise with
/lom HuDHom/ "hill of bodies."

SuStel
Stardate 2871.5

Back to archive top level