tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 19 11:08:22 2002

Re: HuchQeD

>{chelwI'} "someone who deals in finances, accounting, etc."
>"Mildly derogatory in its slang usage, this word literally means 'adder,
>one who adds'. There is no known non-slang counterpart, though {HuchQeD}
>(literally, 'money science') is often used for 'economics'."

As I read it, the clause "there is no non-slang counterpart" applies to the
word chelwI', "though" HuchQeD is fine. There is nothing peculiar about
HuchQeD. It means what it says and says what it means, just like HolQeD.

--
Andrew Strader

Back to archive top level