tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 07 14:30:18 2002

RE: RE: word-question

>>  >but how do you say "in a language"?
>>  completely different, using a verb like {lo'} "use":
>>  {tlhIngan Hol lo'lu'DI' wotmey law' tu'lu'}
>>  "In Klingon there are many verbs"
>>  (when one uses Klingon language one uses many verbs)
>
>This is true; this is how we usually handle it.  In this particular case I
>also came up with a N-N construction.
>
>tlhIngan Hol wot law' tu'lu'
>"There are many klingon language verbs."
>"There are many verbs of the language of klingons."

"many verb of language of klingon finds someone indefinite." ;)

>  > >>e.g. "it is dangerous if you walk in the zone"
>>  >
>>  >pa'Daq yItlu'chugh Qob.
>>  {pa'Daq} is "in the room"
>>  "there(abouts)" is just {pa'}
>>  {pa' yItlu'chugh Qob nuq?}
>>  "if one walks there what is dangerous?"
>>
>>  General question: Can Qob stand alone to say "it is dangerous
>>  (doing something)", or should we just add a
>>  noun, like {Qob wanI'} or {Qob ghu'}. Like the canon
>>  {DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'} "... when there is danger"
>
>If the subject is understood enough to replace it with a pronoun (it), and
>then you drop the optional pronoun, you end up with the bare verb.  But most
>of us and canon prefer that something be stated, just as the canon you
>mentioned.

but... you can say: "you honorably walk into the zone", why you can't
say: "you dangerously walk into the zone". is there a way to make
"danger" an adverb?

bye,
stephan,
sts.