tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 02 18:06:53 2002

RE: KLBG

> I am reading a Klingon novel and I need something translated:
>
> jegh-pu'wI'
>
> I didn't know there were dashes in Klingon.

The way we are writing klingon is merely the phonetic representation of
spoken klingon.  You can use whatever punctuation you see fit; altho we
don't normally include the dashes in words.

Are you reading "Diplomatic Implausibility"?  That word is used in that
book.  I don't know if it's in any other books.

The glossary at the back of the book (p243) tells what it means; altho it's
not a very accurate translation.

jegh  --  surrender, give up (v)  (TKD p90)
suffix -pu'  -- (perfective aspect) (TKD p41)
suffix -wI'  -- one who does  (TKD p44)

"One who has surrendered"

DloraH, BG

Back to archive top level