tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 25 17:02:47 2002

Re: adverbials + -Ha'

Voragh said:

Well, that's one of the things this mailing list is for:  to share
information.  I try to keep up with these little grammatical insights,
revealed a bit at a time in various fora (interviews, conventions,
qep'a'mey, st.klingon, etc.) by Okrand, but my system isn't foolproof.

Speaking of such tidbits of insight into the language, at Farpoint 1.5 weeks
ago, Marc Okrand mentioned the "origin" of the word {pe'vIl}. He said that
he made the word what it is because of twins he knew, Pat & Phil, whose
names he incorporated into this word.

yaH chu' vISuq. ghaytan De' Quv chu' vISuq je. lI'taH
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>  (lI'choHba'
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> )
I got a new job. I don't know what email I'll have when I start there, but
my email address of [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
works fine now.

- taD

Back to archive top level