tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 23 16:22:09 2002

Re: agentive -wI'

I have one more small useful bit of information to note about {-wI'}.  Its
definition is "one which does".  NOT "he/she/it which does".  Using "one"
in this way is evocative of {-lu'} and its meaning of indefinite subject.
I infer from it that the lack of a visible verb prefix is actually a lack
of prefix entirely, and not just a null prefix.

I place this nugget of evidence on the "no verb prefixes with {-wI'}" side
of the scale.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level