tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 22 22:18:26 2002

Re: agentive -wI'

jatlh DloraH:

>I definately agree.  I'm not saying "Wow I have this super tool" and get
>rid of
>the rest of my toolbox.  It's a tool that would sit in the bottom corner of
>the
>toolbox, maybe get used only once in a lifetime.

I personally don't like the prefix+verb+wI' construct, but one of these days
Maltz may give us some sort of obscure grammar that would be perfectly
suited to this usage. Many tools are perfect for one job and useless for
everything else, so I'm a bit reluctant to dismiss the entire thing out of
hand, in case we do receive a usage - perhaps a native Klingon literary
device - that this would be perfect for.

Qapla' 'ej Satlho'

ro'Han