tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 22 12:20:49 2002

Re: mu'mey chu' vItIv

peHruS:
> >> nuq 'oH <tlhIngan Hol Hoch ghogh chem>'e'?
> >
> > table of all sounds in Klingon (grid, cells, fields)

DloraH:
>I would have used QIch and tetlh.

Some vocabulary WRT sound:

   {wab}   "sound, noise" (n.)

   {ghogh} "voice" (n.)

   {QIch}  "speech (i.e. vocal sounds)" (n.)

Cp. {SoQ} "speech, lecture, address" (n.).

We do have two mentions of "grid" in SkyBox SP3, but neither fit here:

   law'qu' je lo' Duj nuH pat Hub pat je
   A huge amount of the ship's power and technology is devoted to
   its weapons grid and defensive systems.

{nuH pat} "weapons system"

   motlh ray' luSamlaHmeH De' Qatlh cha' tlhIngan Duj jIH'a'
   The main viewer on a Klingon ship is usually overlaid with a
    complex target acquisition grid. SP3

"A Klingon ship's main viewer usually displays complex data in order for
them [i.e. the crew?] to be able to locate targets."  (BTW, we've seen
Klingon target acquisition grids a few times.  The cells are triangular,
not square as on Federation displays.)

{tetlh} "list, roll, scroll" seems to be the best we have (e.g. {naD tetlh}
"commendation list", {Soj tetlh} "grocery list", {'ay'mey tetlh} "technical
callouts" ["parts list"]).

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons