tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 22 00:41:14 2002

Re: adverbials + -Ha'

In a message dated 2/21/2002 8:59:55 AM Mountain Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> What other adverbials did you two discuss?  Do you still have the list?

The list was and is complete, i.e., every adverbial we have in tlhIngan Hol.
I laser printed it before I ever left home for the qep'a' SochDIch.  MO saw
the entire list.  He did not write on it; we only talked about the entries.
I was especially hopeful he would like {jaSHa'}; I was so in love with the
possibility before we even began to talk.  His comments did not address every
entry.  I suspect he had already covered some entries enough, such as Do'Ha',
obviously already okay.  As you say, he had already said vajHa' didn't work
for him.  Well, that's just about what I remember about jaSHa'.  Merely that
" [possibly not verbatim] I don't think it works."  He did not volunteer any
other information about why it doesn't SEEM to work or what else would work.

Hope this helps.  Actually, if MO would just come out and tell all of KLI, we
wouldn't have this side-bar conversations with him revealing things only one
of us has been privvy to.  I did post a time or two since qep'a' SochDIch the
results of that conversation with MO.  We are just now "settling" the issue.

Still, if a KLI member could have an official interview with Dr. Okrand and
bring up jaSHa' and anything else we have been wondering about, probably we
would get the best answers.

Qapla'!

peHruS

Back to archive top level