tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 21 16:18:48 2002

Re: agentive -wI'

Voragh wrote:
>I'm not sure I know what you mean by lexicalized, but there is a separate
>entry for {ghojmoH}  "teach, instruct".

I can't speak for Sean, but I believe he's suggesting that Klingons think of
{ghojmoH} as one word, not ghoj + -moH.  I've wondered about this too,
especially as it ties in to the debate that's been going on about how to
think of -moH in a holistic way.  It might depend on the person.
"Maintenance" is one word, with its own dictionary entry, but you can think
of it as "maintain + -ance".

In a Klingon dictionary for Klingons, would ghojmoH have its own entry?  No
one knows.

-Sengval

Back to archive top level