tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 18 13:24:52 2002

Re: New Words Correction

SuStel wrote:
>The entry for the /qa'rol/ erroneously stated that it was a really big, black
>bird, but in fact the black bird is the /notqa'/, and the color of the
>/qa'rol/ is not mentioned in /HolQeD/.  (I wouldn't be surprised if it were
>yellow.)

Why yellow?  Obviously there's a pun I'm missing.

The {qa'rol} is only mentioned in the definition of {notqa'}:  "a large,
black bird (nowhere near as large as a {qa'rol}, which is really
big)."  Since the parenthetical comment modifies "large, black bird", it
implies that the {qa'rol} is another type of black bird, much larger than
the {notqa'}.  I wonder if there was a previous entry for {qa'rol} which
was omitted.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons