tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 01 21:57:13 2002

RE: Translating into Klingon

> Does anyone have any tips about how to go about translating a
> novel or story or whatever into Klingon (from English)?

First one would need to learn klingon.  Then one would need to re-learn
english.  Depending on the story, one might need to research the author to
understand their style and what they are really saying.

And then one would need to say goodbye to their personnal life for several
months.  (I was single when I translated Gilgamesh, which took every night
after work for seven months.)

DloraH

Back to archive top level