tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 01 08:41:35 2002

Re: Klingon WOTD: tlhatlh (n)

jIja':

 >majQa'! I did not know this. For those without KGT, the dialect of Klingon
 >spoken on the planet Morska is typical of this (resulting, I believe, from
 >Commander Keraz mispronouncing his Klingon lines in Star Trek VI),...

jang ghunchu'wI' 'utlh:

>No, it's the other way around.  The Morskan lines were intentionally
>*written* with the unusual dialect, and the actor did a credible job of
>pronouncing what he was given.

qatlho', ghunchu'wI'. SaHchugh qeratlh, 'ej mu'tlheghwIjvam Qoychugh,
muHoHbej 'e' vIHar vIquvHa'moHmo'. :)

Thanks, ghunchu'wI'. If Keraz was here, I think he'd certainly kill me for
insulting his honour. :)

Qapla' 'ej Satlho'

ro'Han