tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 31 11:28:04 2002

Re: cussing

Jennifer Kalel asks:

>>>Know any cussing words in klingon?

A few years ago for Glen Proechel's qIb HeHDaq website I compiled a list of
the known Klingon curse words, examples of their usage, as well as
-unofficial- speculation garnered from a variety of sources:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/8853/curse.html

N.B.  I wrote this well before "Klingon for the Galactic Traveller" was
published; it does not reflect the additional insights presented
therein.  Still, there's enough for those who want to say something other
than {petaQ} *p'tak*!

pe'vIl mu'qaDmey tIbach!

Which means:

   The commonly heard sendoff "Curse well!" - roughly comparable in usage
to the
   Federation Standard "Good luck!" - literally means, "Shoot curses
forcefully!"
   Curses are considered a weapon of a sort which must be propelled to their
   targets.  ["The Klingon Way", p.148]

--
Voragh                            "Damage control is easy. Reading
Klingon--that's

Back to archive top level