tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 21 08:43:06 2002

Re: to' nech 71-80

Once more, I will mostly ignore the originals as the intention here is not a
true translation.

From: "Sean M. Burke" <[email protected]>
> K: ngoQ yIDoH.
> Gloss: Back away from the goal.

> K: tIlIq!
> Gloss: Round them up!

maj, maj.

> K: QIt potlh'a' bolIjlI'.
> Gloss: You are slowly forgetting the important thing.

maj.  /potlh'a'/ is more than "the important thing."  That's just /potlh/.
/potlh'a'/ is probably "the absolutely essential thing."

> K: tIvI'taH.
> Gloss: Keep accumulating them.

> K: tuHmoHbogh Qaghmey tInuD, ghIq tI'argh!
> Gloss: Examine the most shameful errors, and worsen them.

> K: QumwI' yIqel.
> Gloss: Consider the communicator.

> K: nuq ghaj Hoch?
> Gloss: What does everyone/everything have?

maj, maj, maj, 'ej maj!

> K: po'be'law'chugh, tIlo'!
> Gloss: If they are apparently unqualified, use them!

'umHa'law'chugh, tIlo'!

The /-law'/ may or may not work there (it indicates the the speaker is
uncertain of the truth of the statement, and /'umHa'law'chugh/ isn't a
statement).  You may prefer this:

'umHa' 'e' DanoHchugh, tIlo'!

> Eno/Schmidt: Use `unqualified' people

ghot 'umHa' tIlo'!

> K: Saq gheghDaq, He Daleghbe'.
> Gloss: In rough land, you see no routes.

/Saq/ "land" is a verb.  You want /puH/.

puH gheghDaq He Daleghbe'.

> K: 'IwlIj qes yI'Ij.
> Gloss: Listen to your blood's advice.

Capitalize that /S/, of course.