tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 20 15:34:35 2002

Re: Translation

At 14:59 2002-04-20 -0400, [email protected] wrote:
>I have a motto that I use at the end of my e-mails.  I was wondering if one
>of you would be so kind as to let me know if this is the correct grammer and
>spelling.
>
>First the motto in Latin:
>        Aut Pax Aut Bellum Semper Fidelis

I'm slightly puzzled by the Latin even.  Don't pax and bellum have to be in
something other than the nominative?  Or are they they subject of the
phrase, so meaning "either peace or war is always steadfast"?

--
Sean M. Burke    http://www.spinn.net/~sburke/

Back to archive top level