tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 19 21:56:48 2002

Re: ta'Hom mach

ja' DloraH:
>Hoch jolvoy' nIH  "He stole all the transporter ionizer units"
>If we had ten of them, he stole all ten.

This should probably be interpreted as "He stole each transporter ionizer
unit", with an implication that they were taken individually.  {Hoch} is
funny -- it means different things depending on whether the noun it
precedes is marked as plural or singular.

For "all the TIUs", referring to them as a group, it would be more correct
to say {Hoch jolvoy'mey}.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level