tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 18 22:39:19 2002

Re: to' nech, 061-070

ja' SuStel:
>From: "Sean M. Burke" <[email protected]>
>>[...]
>> K: nuq bIHpu' QaghmeylIj'e'?
>> Gloss: What were your mistakes?
>
>Your mistakes haven't completed having been mistakes.  The aspect suffix
>isn't right here.

Though it might be right somewhere else:

chay' bIQaghpu'?

I've found that Klingon tends to seem more "natural" when sentences focus
on action rather than objects, often making {chay'} a much better word than
{nuq} for many questions.

>> [...]
>> K: potlh'e' yIghoSlI'!
>> Gloss: Approach the crucial thing.
>> Eno/Schmidt: Move towards the unimportant
>
>(How'd you go from "unimportant" to "crucial"?)

This is the same original as #20, but the 'translation' is exactly the
opposite.  I'm curious -- is the numbering scheme something that we can
look up on the web somewhere, or is it arbitrary and specific to this
project?

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level