tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 18 12:56:58 2002

Re: to' nech, 061-070

From: "Sean M. Burke" <[email protected]>
> > > K: potlh'e' yIghoSlI'!
> > > Gloss: Approach the crucial thing.
> > > Eno/Schmidt: Move towards the unimportant
> >(How'd you go from "unimportant" to "crucial"?)
>
> I have no idea.  I think I'd just been working on a bunch of other Dup
that
> have "important" and for some reason read "unimportant" as "important".  I
> wonder if there's an antonym for the noun {potlh}.  {ramghach},
"triviality"?

If you have no suffix on the verb before you apply /-ghach/, the verb is
considered to be highly marked, and is certainly not a "normal" word.  It'd
be like Doctor Evil talking about a "laser."

Some possibilities (without contexts; usually context will provide you with
a better way to do this):

potlhbe'ghach
ramwI'
rambogh Doch (or replace /Doch/ with a more appropriate noun depending on
context)

SuStel
Stardate 2296.2

Back to archive top level