tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 16 04:45:15 2002

RE: "indefinite subject" and "passive voice"

>From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
>Qorwagh ghorlu'bejpu'. ghorlaw' Qanqor. Wanna make something of it?
>It's MY opinion, so I'm SAYIN' it! None of this namby-pampby {'e'
>vIHar} stuff.

I'm not sure that I agree the use of the language should be so
restrictive.  Let's not get too caught up in the "warriorness" of the
language.  However I do have to admit that I prefer your suggestion both
for the purpose of my example and for general use.  qathlo'.

>Of course, in a murder mystery, the snitch would say {HoD chot...} and
>then a disruptor beam would flash from the shadows, vaporizing the
>snitch, leaving our hero with only the sound of footsteps sprinting off
>into the distance and echoes of maniacal laughter down the hallway.

LOL!!

janSIy

Back to archive top level