tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 16 02:19:52 2002

Re: to' nech, 019: {jev'a'meyna'.}

From: Alan Anderson <[email protected]>:
>As it is, you're annoying a bunch of people, myself included, who want
>to use the language in order to communicate.

This is a terribly narrow mindset from someone of your stature within this
list, ghunchu'wI'; whereas I do see your PoV, think on this: English (and
every other language in prime use on this planet) is also used "in order to
communicate"; none of these languages are restricted to that purpose.

>Translating stacks of short, cryptic phrases -- especially translating
>them *badly* -- does not help anyone.

Disagree totally; I like the idea.  I love tlhIngan Hol (although I am not
really good at S/R/W it), and I can not get enough of it. Perhaps the
translations could be a little more comprehensive/complete/accurate - i will
not disagree with that - but isn't that one of the purposes of this mailing
list (otherwise, what is the job the BG is doing?).  Besides, as far as
"stacks of short, cryptic phrases" are concerned -- what then is /The
Klingon Way/?

--DantlhIgh