tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 16 00:48:31 2002

Re: ba'

peHruS wrote:
>While we all know that Klingon is not the same as any Terran language and
may
>not have the same grammar terms applied to it, the term Aorist comes to
mind.
>I see verbs unmarked by aspect as being rather "general."

Doesn't "aorist" mean the sort of "universal tense" like "Coyotes hunt for
their food (always, in general)" as opposed to "Coyotes are hunting for their
food (these particular coyotes, at this one time I'm referring to)"?

If that is what you mean, I'd have to disagree.  But I'll let you confirm or
deny first.

-Sengval

Back to archive top level