tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 16 00:37:43 2002

Re: ba'

In a message dated 4/15/2002 7:44:17 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> Personally, I don't think /ba'/ necessarily means continuous occupation of a
> chair, couch, etc.  I think it means occupation of a chair, etc., for an
> unspecified amount of time, maybe an instant, maybe a day, whatever.

While we all know that Klingon is not the same as any Terran language and may
not have the same grammar terms applied to it, the term Aorist comes to mind.
 I see verbs unmarked by aspect as being rather "general."

peHruS

I welcome comments.

Back to archive top level