tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 12 17:28:07 2002

Re: /The Klingon Way/ cover

At 14:27 2002-04-12 -0500, Steven Boozer wrote:
>Sean M. Burke wrote:
>>It occurs to me to wonder: the background of the cover photo of /The
>>Klingon Way/, does anyone know what that is?  I'd swear the pattern in
>>the stones it's
>Is that the picture of old Kor, Kang and Koloth waving their bat'leths
>menacingly?

That's the one!

I just had a blinding epiphany of the obvious: since I remember the same
pattern being used in the sets in /Blade Runner/, I just plugged {"Lloyd
Wright" "Blade Runner"} into Google and found endless information, much to
my surprise.  It's apparently called the Ennis House or the Ennis-Brown
house, and it's just over in East Hollywood.
http://www.bluffton.edu/~sullivanm/wrightennis/ennis2.html

--
Sean M. Burke    http://www.spinn.net/~sburke/

Back to archive top level