tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 12 14:00:38 2002

Re: to' nech, 029: {'ay' tu'lu''a'? joj tIqel.}

>K: 'ay' tu'lu''a'?  joj tIqel.
>
>Gloss: Are there sections?  Consider the interstices.
>Eno/Schmidt: Are there sections? Consider transitions

I've noticed you like to omit optional plural suffixes.  I do too, when
it's obvious from context (i.e. numbers or verb prefixes).  Here, though, I
would use {-mey} since both singular and plural nouns can be used with the
colloquial {tu'lu'}:

   'ay'mey tu'lu''a'
   Are there sections?

   'ay' tu'lu''a'
   Is there a section?

Nice use of {joj} "area between".  I think the singular works just as well:
{joj yIqel}.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons