tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 04 11:10:05 2002

Re: "be'be'" - double negation

> ... I´m first going to introduce myself.

Welcome to the list.  I am DloraH, currently serving as the list's Beginners'
Grammarian.  It's my job to help the newbies.  Since you mentioned a rule, I'm
guessing you read the FAQ, so I can skip explaining everything.

> you were talking about a double negation(be'be').
> I´d like to know why you want to use "be'be' "?

I find it interesting how this thread evolved.  The original question asked if -
be' could follow more than one suffix, ie:  muHoHbe'vIpbe'.  I saw no problem
with that.  But somehow this got changed and people think I said it was ok to
use -be'be'.
-be'{suffix}be' is certainly a special tool.  And -Ha'be', tho I do accept it,
is certainly not for everyday use.

DloraH

Back to archive top level