tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 04 10:43:41 2002

"be'be'" - double negation

Greetings!

As the rules(#3) ask for, I´m first going to introduce myself.

Name                : Christoph Pichlmann
Prefered salutation : Christoph
Occupation          : Programmer
Knowlegde of Klingon: not enough

Here´s my question: In previous threads(hope it isn´t outdated yet), you
were talking about a double negation(be'be'). Beside from right/wrong
(it IS wrong IMHO - but, for example, poets seldom care for that), I´d
like to know why you want to use "be'be' "? In my opinion, it "feels"
unnatural, I´d rather use "Qo'be' " which would mean almost the same.
It sounds alot like ghobe' I think, but double negations should only
be used for writing anyway if you ask me, because, when spoken,
it would only confuse.

I wasn´t sure what title that thread has or should have, therefore I
chose a new one, so it won´t conflict with others.

Back to archive top level