tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 02 14:54:05 2002

Re: vay' loSbogh ghaH. Suq

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Trimboli" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 12:58 AM
Subject: Re: vay' loSbogh ghaH. Suq

> From: "qe'San (temp ADSL email)" <[email protected]>
>
> > vay' loSbogh  ghaH'e'.  Suq
> >
> > I've not had much skill with [-bogh] but does the first line work?
> > I was thinking of "Everything comes to he who waits".  I didn't think I
> could get a direct translation but hope that the gist is there.
> > Any other suggestions?
>
> I would never have understood the line.  How about a very simple and
> straightforward version:
>
> Hoch Suq loSwI'.

I like the simplicity.  [-laH] could also be added to carry a little more
meaning to it.
I started with Hoch for everything but because of the language felt
something was lost in meaning which is why I swapped to anything [vay']. So
still following that vein I think I'd use:

vay' SuqlaH loSwI'

> SuStel

qe'San

Back to archive top level