tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 06 09:16:57 2001

*Dorn* mu'mey...

I suspect Mr. Dorn's comments illustrate more about his ignorance, not
of only of Star Trek Fandom, but also the nature of language
enthusiasts, and hobbyists in general.

  ----
Hoch jajmey  *Bible* paq vIlaD.  qatlh?  paqvamDaq yInwIj He' vItu'.
  ----

I read a lot of books (http://books.MrKlingon.org) - one of them happens
to be the Bible, and yeah, I do read it every day.  I don't say that to
pretend to some kind of sanctity (more that I aspire to it), but to say
this is a book I really, REALLY care about.  It is pretty natural, if
one has a convergence of interests in a language and a some particular
book  that you'd be interested in translations of said book into that
language.  My daughter has read the Harry Potter books multiple times,
and is quite good at Spanish - guess what?  She's gone and bought
Spanish translations of the Potter books, and read them.  Makes sense -
unless you've got a rigidly compartmentalized brain, it is the most
natural thing in the world to connect your hobbies and interests to each
other.

Hmm  -  now there's a translation project for someone :

    "'oghwaS 'ampaS" anyone?

--
   *** Joel Anderson * http://www.MrKlingon.org *****
   **   QI'tu' Holmey ghot Holmey je vIlo'chugh,   **

Back to archive top level