tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 03 01:30:30 2001

Re: KLBC: vaj

> Jiri's version does this too, but why change the position of /jup/ "friend"?

Not sure why I did that, probably mostly because of the first rule of
Anime Japanese: the word order in Japanese is exactly the oposite of
English :-)

> /ghIq yI'el/ is simple enough: "and then enter."  /ghIq/ is found on the
> KLI's New Words List.  I agree that /vaj/ is not entirely appropriate here.
> It IS possible to squish Klingon sentences together, especially with /vaj/,
> but one imperative does not logically lead to another.

Point; I'd have to say ((yIjatlh jup vaj Da'ellaH)) for it to make
sense, and that wouldn't be true to the original at all.

Jiri <[email protected]>

Back to archive top level