tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 30 13:18:41 2001

RE: KLBC: Ha'DIbaH moH vIHoH

qonwI' said:

	     Here is a silly story I wrote just for fun, and then thought I
would post it on this list. (This is not a true story)

	Ha'DIbaH moH vIHoH:

	wa'Hu' Ha'DIbaH vIlegh.
	moH 'oH.

maj.

	jIQub, <<'oH vIHoHnIS!>>.

Words of speaking (such as {jatlh} and {ja'}) work this way - that is, "I
said, <I need to kill it>."
Since you're sort of speaking in your mind, your sentence here may or may
not be the most correct way to write this.
So, it may be better to use a sentence-as-object construction. For example:
{mIgh qoq 'e' vIQub} "I think that the robot is evil."

	vaj tajwIj vItlhap 'ej 'oH vIHoH.

maj.

	Quch jIH.

Since you want to use the verb {Quch} ("be happy") here, you need to add the
correct verb prefix to it.

Saying {jIQuch jIH} is a bit redundant, because both the prefix {jI-} and
the pronoun {jIH} both indicate who is happy. However, if you are going to
omit something, you should omit the pronoun {jIH}, rather than the prefix.

	vaj SoSwI' vItu' 'ej jIjatlh, <<Ho'DIbaH moH vIHoH!>>.

maj.

	jatlh SoSwI', <<majQa'! SoHmo Hem jIH!>>.

Again, you need to add a verb prefix to the verb {Hem} here.
Don't forget the {'} at the end of {SoHmo'} either.

	Ha'DIbaHmo Dun DaHjaj.

maj.

	DaH rIn lutwIj.

majQa'.