tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 17 09:59:23 2001

RE: KLBC first post

p'an said:

	Well, I've been lurking long enough . .

maj. bISo'Ha'mo' jIQuch.

	p'an jIH.  mu'tlheghvam nIchov'a'?

Double check your verb prefix here:  {nI-} means "they - you", so
{nIchov'a'} would mean "Will they evaluate you?"

	QIt jIvem.
	jIvemchu'meH qa'vIn vItlhutlhnIS.
	qa'vIn vItlhutlhpa', jIwuQ.

maj.

	jIbergh 'ej Sajmey chun vIjach.

In the sentence {Sajmey chun vIjach}, the prefix {vI-} means that you are
"screaming innocent pets". However, you are really screaming *because of*
them. So you would want to change the verb prefix to {jI-} ("I - no
object"), and add a noun suffix such as {-mo'} onto "innocent pets".

Since the verb {chun} is acting like an adjective here, a type-5 noun suffix
such as {-mo'} goes after {chun}. Check section 4.4 of TKD (on page 50) to
see the explanation of how this works.

	qa'vIn vItlhutlhDI', po vItIvlaH.
	munuQbe' SajwIj, 'ej 'IH po.
	ghIq jIvumnIsqa'.

maj.

	nuqDaq 'oH qa'vIn jay!

Remember that when we use a pronoun, such as {'oH}, to mean "is", we put the
suffix {-'e'} onto the noun.
For example, {nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'?} "Where is the bathroom?"
Also, don't forget the {'} at the end of {jay'}.

	Here's what I intended:
	I am p'an.
	Will you evaluate these sentances?

	I wake up slowly.
	I need to drink coffee to wake up completely.
	Before I drink coffee, I have a headache.
	I am irritable and yell at innocent pets.
	After I drink coffee I am able to enjoy the morning.
	My pets do not annoy ne and the morning is beautiful.
	Then I need to return to work.
	Where's the *(&%^ coffee!

majQa'.

- taD