tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 13 16:24:21 2001

TKD's Addendum (was Re: *Paramount* chaw')

ja' QIS:
>...I quickly realized I needed to buy not only KGT, but
>also a new TKD with the addendum.  (I'm sure Marc only added all these
>words for the good of the language, not for any monetary reasons...
>:-)

A great many of those words are there because of dialogue written during
the first seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation, and because of the
writer's requirements for the movies Star Trek V and VI.  The famous
backfit for Klaa's misfilmed line "Shooting space garbage is no test of a
warrior's mettle" is made up of words found entirely in the Addendum, for
example.  They indeed were added "for the good of the language", as they
kept the language documented and consistent even after the writers and
actors bungled a few attempts at using it as originally described.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level