tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 03 11:51:18 2001

Questions

I have a few brief questions.

1. Can nouns be used for first- and second-person subjects and objects, as
in something like {maghwI'pu' SaHoH!} "I'll kill you traitors!" or {nuH pup
vI'ogh wIgh!} "I, a genius, invented a perfect weapon!"

2. Can pronouns take adjectives, as in expressions like, "Stupid me, I
forgot to get my bat'leth!" {betleHwIj vIlIj jIH QIp!}

This is more of an academic question, actually, because I'd probably recast
that as {jIQIp, betleHwIj vIlIj!} or something. Or maybe {betleHwIj vIlIj
QIpwI'!} if the answer to my first question is yes.

3. I remember seeing that 'Iv and nuq are considered pronouns like jIH and
SoH and such, and they can be used as "be" verbs like jIH and SoH. (Who is,
what is.) Is this right?

4. Are name-calling words like toDSaH considered nouns in their own right,
i.e. can they take suffixes and adjectives? {tajDaj chagh toDSaHvetlh QIp!}
"That stupid bastard dropped his knife!"

5. What would be a good expression for etc.? I'm thinking taH. (It
continues.)