tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 30 16:47:11 2001

Re: How to say....?

lab qIroS:

> I want to be able to say something like
>
> * because you were travelling (too) fast, you need to hand over your
> cargo *
>

> I can't find a verb 'be fast' or 'be quick' only an adverbial for
> quickly (nom)

With the tools you have found so far, you can describe the situation
adequately.

"You were travelling fast.  In one hour your range was fifty kellicams.
 That situation is illegal here."

But there's another tool you didn't find.  You looked for a verb, you
found an adjective, the answer is a noun.

"Your velocity was greater than the legal velocity, thus ..."
"Due to your illegal velocity, you have violated our laws."

There's also a verb you may not know: 'Iq
It means be too much, be too many.

"As your velocity was excessive ..."

qep'a' yItIv.  jIghal.

=====
Qov - pab 'utlh
bI*yahoo* pagh bI*yahoo*be': jISaHbe' jIH.