tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 28 17:32:49 2001

Re: the word `dative'

ja'pu' DloraH:
>Your average trekkie that's thinking of attempting to learn klingon does not
>know these term.
>The people I've spoken to so far about learning klingon have enough trouble
>with words like:  subject, object, pronoun, suffix, ...

ja' pIl'o':
>DloraH,  teH mu'lIj. 'ach QIpbe' *your average Trekkie*.

Do'Ha' 'utbe' yab val.
roD Hol buSqangbe' Hov leng ngotlhwI' motlh.
ja'chuqDaq Dojbe' tlhIngan Hol jatlhmeH laH.
laH cha' nav neHlaw'.

>From the responses I've gotten at Trek conventions, it seems that the
"typical Trekkie" tends to want to spend energy on things that show up well
in photographs. :-/

>not DuSaQDaq Hol pab vIghoj.
>        (or should I use the double negative <vIghojbe'>?)

Nope.  Klingon doesn't employ double negatives.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level