tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 18 04:16:24 2001

RE: More proverbs

> De'vID:
> > Did you mean another word, or is this an additional meaning of
> > {magh}?  I looked through my sources and can't find this meaning
> > of {magh} "betray", where is it defined as "indicate, reveal"?

Voragh:
> Star Trek Continuum webmasters embellished the definitions, not the one or two
> word English glosses.  As I understand it, those glosses were supplied by
> Okrand, along with sound files of Okrand pronouncing the word as well as an
> occasional conjugated example verb (e.g. jIlaD, cholegh, etc.), also with a
> sound file.

nIbpoH!  The definition of {magh} as "indicate, reveal" seemed so
familiar to me, and yet I couldn't locate it in canon.  When you
mentioned Star Trek Continuum I was *sure* we had this exact
conversation before.  And so we did:

/tlhIngan-Hol/2000/May/msg00144.html

I'll make a note of it this time so we won't enter this space-time
loop again!  (I'm just lazy -- it's easier than sending a tachyon pulse
back in time to my positronic matrix.)

--
De'vID