tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 09 14:08:38 2000

KLIC: Monty Python bom much Eric Idle

I think that my ineptitude with the language has caused some confusion.
Here's what I meant:

> Monty Python bommey much Eric Idle
	"Eric Idle sings the songs of Monty Python."

> muchmeH wa'Hu' ngeng na' veng ghoS Eric Idle.
	"Eric Idle came to Salt Lake City to perform yesterday [May 7]."

> much wIjaH jupwI' jIH je.
	"My friend and I went to the performance."

>  matIv'eghchu'.
	"We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves."

> noybogh Monty Python muchHommey law' wIlegh 'ej noybogh bommeychaj law'
> wIQoy je.
	"We saw many popular Monty Python skits, and heard many of their
popular songs also."

> QaHmeH lutu'lu' latlh muchwI'pu', latlh bomwI'pu' je.
	"Other performers and singers were there to help."

> <Australiavo' Brucepu'>, <Dolly Turner, Vaginettepu' je>, <chej mI'>,
> <chej joH>, <Los AngelesDaq Getty Hew qach lut, bom je> je much chaH.
	"They performed the 'Australian Bruces', 'Dolly Turner and the
Vaginettes', 'Liverdance', 'Lord of Liver', and 'The story and song of the
Getty museum in Los Angeles'.

> maHaghchu'!
	"We really laughed!"

> <Huch bom>, <potlhqu' Hoch sperm>, <Chinangan vIparHa'>, <qabwIjDaq
> yIba'>, <bID ghew ghaH Eric'e'>, <qIb bom>, <rop bang bom>, <reH yIn Dop
> wov yInej>, lumberjack bom> je bom chaH.
	"They sang the 'Money song', 'Every sperm is sacred', 'I like
Chinese', 'Sit on my face', 'Eric the half a bee', 'The galaxy song', 'The
medical love song', 'Always look on the bright side of life,' and 'The
lumberjack song'."

> pIj mawup!
	"We frequently burst into song!"

> matlheDpa' wISuq pongDaj ghItlh.
	"Before we left, we got his autograph."

> wa'les PortlandDaq muchDaj veb 'oH.
	"His next performance will be tomorrow [May 9] in Portland."

> Monty Python botIvchugh Eric Idle boparHa'chugh muchDaj bojaHnIS.
	"If you enjoy Monty Python [or] like Eric idle, you need to go to
his performance.

	Say'IluD:
> muDuq bommeyvam. vIQubDI' loQ jIHagh.
	Translation: "These songs touch {stab} me.  When I think about them,
I laugh a little."

> muDuQbej je.  ghIq chejwIj teq.
	"They stabbed me too.  Then, they removed my liver."  [This line was
supposed to be a joke.]

	I'm sorry to have caused such confusion.  I'm heading back to KLBC
now. >:-)

	- tuv'el

Back to archive top level