tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 23 08:40:08 2000

Re: quote from Ghenghis Khan

ja' De'vID:

> When I saw this quote I just had to restore it
> to the original Klingon:

> The greatest pleasure is to crush and vanquish your
> enemies and see them fall before you, to rob them of
> their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears,
> to steal their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives
> and daughters.				-- Ghenghis Khan

qatlho', De'vID.  A noble and uplifting passage.  nuqDaq Datu'?

I've said this before, but tlhIngan chenghIS Han 'oHlaw' qeylIS'e'.  yuQ wo' rur yer'e' lucharghbogh SuvwI'Daj.

If the Mongols hadn't halted their westward advance into Europe and had managed to hold their empire together, who knows?

qa'ral

Back to archive top level